This is a quick easy recipe to throw together at the weekend for a lovely breakfast.
Marmalade Breakfast Muffins (makes 12)
250g self raising flour
A pinch of salt
75g golden caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
100g butter, melted
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ Gas mark 6.
2. Pop 12 muffin cases into a muffin tray.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl: flour, sugar, a pinch of salt.
4. In a seperate bowl mix together the wet ingredients: milk, egg, melted butter, orange juice and zest.
5. Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients and mix together. When making muffins it’s important not to over-mix, so just stir well until combined. Mix the marmalade in. (You may need to give the marmalade a good mix so hyou don’t have big lumps of marmalade in the mixture. )
6. Divide the mixture evenly across the 12 muffin cases, filling the cases up ¾ full.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and risen. Transfer to a cooling tray and allow to cool down slightly before eating.