These buns remind me of my lovely Grandma, who was an amazing baker. It’s so nice to be able to recreate some of her recipes. The measurements are in ounces, as are all the recipes I remember baking with my grandma.
Raspberry Buns ( Makes about 15)
8oz self raising flour
4 oz butter
4oz caster sugar plus extra for sprinkling
Raspberry jam for filling
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Whizz togther the flour and butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Mix in 4oz caster sugar and 1 egg until you have a soft dough.
4. Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a walnut. Press onto a lightly oiled baking sheet, and sprinkle the top with sugar. Use your thumb to make a dip in the top of the mixture and fill with a dollop of raspberry jam.
5. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until cooked though.
All packed up ready to treat my work colleagues!