The fact that the ingredients in this recipe are measured in ounces will give you a clue to it being a classic recipe from my childhood!
4oz butter (100g)
1oz sugar (25g)
2tbsp golden syrup
8oz rolled oats (200g)
A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan, stirring until well combined.
- Take the pan off the heat and mix in the rolled oats and a pinch of salt. Stir well until the oats are evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool slightly before cutting into fingers. Leave until it has cooled completely before removing the pieces from the tin.
I also made this recipe for Chocolate orange tart from Jane’s Patisserie for Mother’s Day dinner and it went down a storm, so can highly recommend this recipe.