I want to try and give myself a boost with posting to this blog so I thought I’d have a go at posting every day for a month. I have tried this before and only got about a week in, so I might not manage every day, but we’ll see how it goes.
After a bit of googling I found that Steph at Seeing Spots is doing a ‘Blog everyday in September’ challenge, so I’m going to follow her ideas, probably with some variations so it’s more about vegetarian food and cooking. The list of posts is here.
The first challenge is 5 random facts about me. This was also the first challenge last time I attempted a blog everyday challenge so I thought I’d revisit the facts I used last time.
- I love books and work as a librarian – this is still true! I’m currently reading ‘The Lake House’ by Kate Morton and ‘Made to Stick’ by Chip and Dan Heath.
- My blogging dream is to master vegetarian marshmallows – so far one kitchen mixer has losts it’s life in this battle. I still haven’t mastered my own recipe, but luckily there are several versions of vegetarian marshmallows that are easy to get hold of in shops, which wasn’t the case a few years ago. I did have some success with a kit to make your own marshmallows, and I still need to finish the blog post I started, so I’ll add that to the to-do list for this month!
- I enjoy travelling and visiting new places – I have a huge framed antique style National Geographic map in my living room where I put a pin in the countries I have visited – I’ve added a few pins to my map since the original post, including Prague, Riga and Mexico.
- I’m saving up to build a small balcony on the back of my house so I can sit outside with a cup of coffee and enjoy the lovely view. I will probably be 85 before I’ve saved enough to make this dream a reality! – Still saving!
- I always have loads of projects on the go – at the minute it’s millinery, making a fake fur clutch bag, a jigsaw, a coaching and mentoring qualification and dabbling in card-making. Focusing on blogging for one month is really going to be a challenge for me – this is still the case. My current projects including quilting, scrap booking and learning Spanish.