If I was asked to pick my favourite flavour of cookie, I’d have a challenge on my hands. In my old office at work we developed a bit of an obsession with White Chocolate and Raspberry. Oatmeal and raisin is an old favourite. I’m also partial to Smarties cookies. I came across a recipe for raisin and oat cookies but decided to shake it up a bit by using chocolate covered raisins.
Chocolate raisin and oat chunky cookies (makes 15-20)
100g butter at room temperature
50g granulated sugar
50g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g porridge oats
100g self-raising flour
75g chocolate covered raisins
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare 2 large baking trays by covering them with baking parchment.
2. Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and egg together.
3. Stir in the oats, flour and chocolate raisins.
4. Put teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking tray and press down slightly. Leave some room to allow them to spread a little.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully. These are best eaten on the day you make them.