Sweet potato gratin (serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a side dish)
1 large sweet potato
1 red onions
1 red chilli
250ml vegetable stock
2 heaped tsp dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Peel the sweet potato and the onions and slice them on the thinnest setting on a mandoline. De-seed and chop the chilli as finely as you can.
3. Place a layer of sweet potato on the bottom of the baking dish. Top with a thin layer of onions and sprinkle on a little bit of crumbled feta and chilli. Continue to layer up the ingredients, finishing with a layer of sweet potato on the top, but reserving some feta.
4. Stir the dried thyme into the hot vegetable stock and pour over the gratin. You don’t want to much liquid, just enough to cook and steam the potato, so you might not need all the stock.
5. Bake for 20 minutes before adding the remaining feta and cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.